University Communication & Marketing
The University of New Mexico is the academic home of dedicated people engaged in education, research, service and patient care. The purpose of University Communication and Marketing is to share stories that show how the state's flagship university enriches our local and global communities. UCAM aids news media, government agencies and the public seeking information about the university and serves all UNM communities through news information services, marketing and branding.
UCAM provides the following services to the University of New Mexico and its departments:
- News Service – Staff produce print, audio and video stories and expert interviews for departments across campus. These stories are featured on UNM Today (print and online), the UNM homepage and other UNM venues.
- Media Relations – Staff pitch stories to members of the news media on behalf of UNM faculty and departments and assist in media requests.
- Web Services – Web services staff will help your department with web related needs including migrating your website into the university's Web content management system, which provide a unified look across university departments. Web site maintenance is also available. Web services are fee-based.
- Graphic Design - Expert graphic designers create posters, brochures and other printed materials. They can also assist in using downloadable UNM templates to produce printed materials and provide general consultation in best practices for visual communications.
- Media Training – Staff can help faculty and staff experts feel more comfortable speaking in front of news reporters and camera crews.
- Social Media – UCAM manages the university's Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media and social networking tools.
UCAM also houses the Welcome Center, where visitors get information and directions from knowledgeable staff. The UNM Welcome Center is on the ground floor of the Cornell Parking Structure, near the corner of Stanford and Redondo, and across the street from the UNM Bookstore.
Call (505) 277-1989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.